The PHSFES Symposium is on Wednesday, September 30th.
The PSHFES Workshop is on Thursday, October 1st. WORKSHOP IS FULL! Symposium registration still open!
*Registration and breakfast both start at 7:30am
PSHFES Symposium (Wednesday, September 30)
- Ira Janowitz, Ergonomics Program Manager at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA
"Ergonomics Myths and Realities"
Other speakers include:
- Kate Stewart, University of Washington, "Building Ergonomics Capacity in Nicaragua"
- Chris Shulenberger, Bureau Veritas, "Ergonomics Improvement Process: A Case Study"
- Melissa Findlay, The Boeing Company, "Use of EMG as an Exposure Assessment Tool"
- Clark Hislop, "Longview Fibre, Longview Fibre's Ergo Update"
PSHFES Workshop (Thursday, October 1) WORKSHOP IS FULL! Symposium registration still open!
"Designing the Age-Friendly Workplace"
-Presenters: Janet Peterson & Rick Goggins
The aging workforce is a major concern among employers today, and is likely to remain an important issue for the next few decades. Many organizations are aware of the issue, but most have not yet taken steps to address the effects of this shift in demographics. Ergonomics professionals have an important role to play in preparing organizations for the safety, health and performance implications of an aging workforce.
Using scenarios and hands-on activities, participants in this workshop will learn how to:
- Apply the principles of ergonomics and universal design to age-related issues.
- Engage workers of all ages in identifying concerns using a simple tool.
- Use a process to select priorities and set measurable performance
- Develop an action plan for designing an age-friendly workplace.
Special notes on payment:
ONLINE PAYMENTS: If you are registering and completing the payment for another person, please note the name of the person who you are paying for in the 'Special Instructions' section at the bottom of the Paypal form.
PAY-BY-CHECK (MANUAL): After submitting the registration form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Please print out a copy of the confirmation e-mail, and mail it, with a check (payable to PSHFES) to:
11126 55th Ave W
Mukilteo, WA 98275-4802