Communicate PSHFES (and other) pertinent events, opportunities and accomplishments to members and selected non-members in the ergonomics and human factors community through the quarterly newsletter. Objectives, Timelines and Guide for Completion
I. Publish a quarterly newsletter that promotes PSHFES activities and events, alerts the ergonomics and human factors community about educational and informational opportunities, and invites professionals and other interested parties to become members of our organization.
II. Distribute the newsletters to the general distribution list.
A. For the March Newsletter, begin in January to communicate with Council members and committee Chairs and solicit and collect information such as:
- Upcoming events schedule
- Continuing education opportunities
- Interesting, fun, or informative Web site links
- Committee volunteer opportunities
- The President's Message
- Various committee progress/plan segments
- Publish/send by mid February
B. For the June Newsletter, begin soliciting and collecting much the same information in March
- Include a Symposium preview piece in the newsletter
- Publish/send by mid May
C. For the September Newsletter, begin soliciting and collecting much the same information in June.
- Report on or Advertise the Symposium/Workshop, depends when it happens
- Publish/send by mid August
D. For the December Newsletter, begin soliciting and collecting much the same information after Symposium.III. Actively participate in Council meetings and activities.
- Include photos and highlights from the Symposium
- Include a list or summary of the year's accomplishments
- Publish/send by mid November.
This is a voting Council position
Term: 1 year