Dr. Victor Riley. Dr. Riley will describe moving from research to engineering, from theory to product, and from abstract users to real ones
Dr. Charles Fox. Dr. Fox will discuss the effectiveness of scientific and engineering graphics in conveying complex concepts to fact finders.
- Research in Industry - Success Stories & Lessons Learned. Dr. Neal Wiggerman (Hill-Rom)
Policies and Translation
- Research to Practice: Transferring knowledge, technologies, and intervention to the mining Industry. Pamela Drake, Deputy Director; NIOSH, Spokane
- Research to Regulation to Repeal: The legacy of the Washington State ergonomics rule. Rick Goggins, CPE, WA Dept. of L&I
- Total Worker Health for Construction. Ken-Yu Lin, Associate Professor, University of Washington
- A new tool for worker's postural load assessment in real time. Xinhui Zhu, Assistant Professor, OSU.
- Safety Voice for Ergonomics (SAVE): One course beyond. Laurel Kincl, Associate Professor, Oregon State U
Enkindle – Student Showcases
- Wearable technologies in the era of the Internetof things (IoT) and its application to ergonomics practices. Wonil Lee, PhD candidate, U of Washington
- Biomechanical Evaluation of Ultra-low Travel Keyboard. Jonathan Sisley, Oregon State U
- The Need for Federal Ergonomics Regulations. Kurt Fellrath, MPH, Boeing
How To Complete The Research-Practice Circle